We take customer privacy very seriously. Unless you tell us not to, Legal & General may use the personal information that you or your employer have provided us with for the purposes of:
- Dealing with your enquiries and requests for products and services from Legal & General
- Administering your plan including processing any claims
- Carrying out market research, statistical analysis and customer profiling.
We will not use your personal information for the purposes of marketing our other products and services or those of third parties.
You should also be aware that given the global nature of Legal & General’s business, it may be necessary to transfer your information to countries outside the European Economic Area in order to administer your plan.
Sharing with others
If necessary we’ll share your information with other companies within the Legal & General group of companies, regulatory bodies, law enforcement agencies, future owners of our business, suppliers engaged by Legal & General to process data on its own behalf and when necessary to a reassurer.
If you make a claim we may share your information with other insurance companies to prevent fraudulent claims. We’ll also check your details with fraud prevention agencies and if false or inaccurate information is provided and fraud is detected then details will be passed to fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may also access and use this information. Legal & General and other organisations may also access and use this information to prevent fraud and money laundering, for example, when:
- Checking details on applications for credit and credit related or other facilities;
- Managing credit and credit related accounts or facilities;
- Recovering debt;
- Checking details on proposals and claims for all types of insurance;
- Checking details of job applicants and employees.
If you would like to receive details of the relevant fraud prevention agencies then please contact Legal & General at Group Financial Crime, Knox Court, 10 Fitzalan Road, Cardiff, CF24 0TL.